Friday, February 6, 2009

February Meal Plan

This is a continuing work in progress, but I'll give it my best shot. If you see something you like and want a recipe, I'll be glad to share, but only if you share back! I tend to get stuck in a rut and love to hear of tried and true family approved recipes. Listed are meals that I have groceries on hand to make, with the exceptions of a few perishables. I do not decide WHEN we will eat each meal, only that it's available.


Boiled dinner (roast, potatoes, cabbage, onions and carrots)
Grilled t-bones (I am hoping for warm weather!)
Turkey ( roast a 12 lb turkey then have at least 3 meals- roast turkey, hot turkey sandwiches, turkey-rice soup)
Veal scallopini (please don't hate me for eating baby cows....but it was only $1.99 lb regularly $12!!)
Spaghetti
Beef veggie stew
Jambalaya (I plan to post this recipe soon)
Deer brats and morel mushrooms
Homemade pizza (4) (cheese, mushroom and bbq chicken pizza)
BBQ pork sandwiches oven french fries
Hamburgers oven fries (2)
Talipia with mushrooms
Salmon
Roast chicken
Lasagna (in freezer ready to cook)
Veggie Lasagna (in freezer ready to cook)
Homemade mac and cheese (in freezer...)
Chicken, rice and broccoli casserole
Shrimp scampi
Grilled sirloin, sauteed onions/mushrooms and brown rice pilaf
Tuna and Noodles

Most meals I cook with plans for leftovers, usually taken in Paperman's lunch. As far as sides for meals, I'm not very creative, usually veggies (fresh, canned or frozen) fruit salad and/or a green salad. A new favorite is spinach or romaine with dried cranberries, slivered almond and a sweet and sour dressing.

No comments: