Sunday, January 25, 2009

Out of the mouth of DD3

Tuesday we were heading to town, at the intersection of our road and the next paved road DD3 looked to the right and saw 2 horses and riders. (Background, DD3 was a cowgirl for Halloween, used to ask for horses, but after being told "no" too many times now says she will be a real cowgirl when she grows up and have her own horses. She really really likes them.)
She said "Look Mom, horsees!" I said " Cool, looks like they're having fun doesn't it?" She said, "Roll down your window!" I said, "Why, Can't you see them?" She said, "I can see them, but I want to hear the clippity-clop, clippity-clop!" I cried, as it hit me as one of those super sweet- only -a -mom -can -understand things your kids say. DD1 looked at me with "that" look only a 9 going on 14 year old can do and asked why I was crying. Just a reminder, this blog is as much for me (to remember) as it is for those who read it (to share). This may be one of those remembering posts, but I can show it to DD3 when she buys her first horse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can just see your oldest looking like "get real mom" That is really sweet