Friday, March 6, 2009

CAM Pasta

That would stand for Creamy Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta... This dish came about after I invited my sister and nephew for supper, with nothing planned. Not a real smart move on my part, but not a problem as they take me as I am. For that I am truly thankful, plus the pasta turned out yummy (we were all thankful for that). Note: all measurements are flexible as I just made this one up so I'm guessing too!!



2 c fresh asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces

1 c fresh mushrooms, sliced

olive oil

diced bacon (optional)

Saute veggies and bacon if using. Add:

2 c grape tomatoes cut in half

2 cloves garlic

salt , pepper and hot pepper flakes to taste

when the tomatoes begin to wilt add:

3/4 c half and half (I used fat free and it was good)

1/2 c Parmesan cheese

heat and mix gently with cooked pasta of choice. Tonight it was bow ties....

No comments: