Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Triple Grrrrr...

Today was day one of Christmas break for the girls. I always manage to have grand plans for my days that never quite end up grand. First item on the agenda was grocery shopping which went off without a hitch, except dd3 begging for candy at the checkout, as usual. Then there was a stop at preschool, and two stops for final gifts to pick up. The kids were all patient and helpful and got cheeseburgers and apple slices for lunch! They were happy with their treat and bonus for me, easy cleanup. I'm glad that happened as the groceries are still not put away at 10:30 pm. Ds decided his 20 minute nap in the van was plenty for the day so he came outside when the girls played and I shoveled. I spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to figure out year end insurance spending and calling back to try to find a customer service rep who had a clue. It worked and she helped me with my problem. Dh "requested" pictures emailed from deer hunting, "if I had time". To his credit, each item he asked me to do today he prefaced with "if you have time, I know you're busy". I guess he can just hear it in my voice! Dd2 is still not able to keep things in her belly for any length of time but doesn't seem sick otherwise. At 3:00 I figured out that I forgot to return our movies that were due at 5:00. Grrr.... So everyone loaded back into the van and I managed to get stuck in our driveway. Double grrr.... we abandoned ship and any chance of ditching a late fee, headed back to the house and Ds and I both had 1/2 hour naps that we greatly needed! We made it through supper and baths, now it's time to make food and organize presents for the next 4 days. It will be a late night, but I hope to find some fun time with the kids tomorrow(and the next 12 days), since I didn't manage it today...triple grrrr.

No comments: