Monday, September 29, 2008

Bowl training....

We've all heard of crate training a dog, potty training a child, ever heard of bowl training? We try to bowl train our children right about the time they have their first bout of stomach flu. For the girls it has been around age 4 (see Sprite with straws post). This was dd3's first time. Bowl training (not something that had a name before now!) means basically, once that ugly vomit monster rears his head the bowl is your friend until you feel all better. I must say it has saved many carpet cleaning bills and loads of laundry. I have never had a one year old ask for a bowl or need one for that fact, until today. DS, as usual, wanting to keep up with his sisters, has joined the "need a bowl club". Of course, for all who know me, I NEVER have any unusually high expectations for my children, he didn't get a bowl. I just covered the area rug with a sheet and his carseat with a towel and let him play. Poor baby, hasn't eaten since lunch, wants to chug water (against the dr advice, sips only), but he's sleeping now. Sweet peaceful dreams baby boy....

No comments: