Friday, September 19, 2008

Decision 2008

As I was listening to some election coverage on the news I got teary eyed. This is just a guess, but I'm not sure this happens very often unless you are a candidates wife (or husband) who has just lost "the big one" or you're a semi emotional over tired mom. Why would I cry at election coverage? No, MY candidates weren't losing in the polls (especially since it seems to be neck and neck right now), I realized that the election meant a lot to me this year and why. I want my kids to grow up in the same safe, happy and comfortable world that I grew up in. The world where I wasn't really scared or worried about too much. There was the nuclear threat with Russia and the Johnny Gosch abduction (I always thought I'd be next), but over all safe, happy and comfortable. I know that Paperman and I plan to do our very best to make this happen and I guess part of that is helping them stay little and grow in their own ways, embarrassing our kids by being overprotective and voting in November.

No comments: