Sunday, November 16, 2008

I run for life....

Ok, for those of you who have seen me lately, stop laughing at the title. I have never been a runner, a medium jogger maybe, but never a runner. I did (jog) a 5k 10 months before ds was born, and haven't done a 12 minute mile since. :) I have a perfectly good treadmill in my basement, a baby monitor and an mp3 player if Paperman is home. The excuses have to go and I will be spending 30 minutes on that baby 4 days a week. Where do I plan to add this between bon bon eating and soap opera watching you ask? 6am or 9pm. I am a total night owl, mostly because I'm preoccupied with keeping my head above water so mornings aren't my specialty- and never have been. I also have no problem exercising and going straight to bed. It erases stress in my mind and body and I can fall right to sleep. About the title of the post, I run for life by Melissa Etheridge (google the song title to listen, it rocks!) became my anthem as I was training for the 5k. My Mom had just finished her treatment for breast cancer and I was running the race in her honor. Since then I have had 2 aunts and 2 friends diagnosed. Are those 5 women not a good enough reason to dig 30 minutes out of my day? Do I need more reasons? My kids, being a good example for them and more energy to keep up with them. 2011, my 20 year class reunion. Tropical getaway, it will happen, and I will be ready when it does! Here's to my cancer fighting, heart healthy, jean fitting, good example, easy breathin workout plan. Feel free to comment or email if you want join me!

1 comment:

The Gacnik Family said...

I love the motivation. Stick with it. You'll be happy having your own 30 min every day to reflect on everything going on.