Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One vote...

I have been so amazed/proud/surprised how involved and interested the kids are in this election. Just one more point to show that what the adults are into around them carries over (also the effect the MEDIA plays). I had not made it to the polls yet when dd1 came home and I told her I just wasn't going (jokingly). She said "Mom, you have to, every vote matters."
It may also be a ploy to stay up later as dd1 said "I just want to see who wins Iowa." She knew very well that would take her to at least 9:15 and it was only 8:30 at that point. She also knew which states were "battleground", what electoral votes were and generally understood that process. wow. I think I was 30 before I kind of "got it." I posted on my facebook account the I had not sung yet but was warming up....over an hour ago and NBC just quoted me. Do you think they've been reading my facebook somehow? HA! Anyway, the people have spoken, they want a change, and I truly believe, it's gonna come. I earned the right to complain if I don't like it.

No comments: